Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I've Never Gotten Permanently Lost" -Mimi Stewart

Antonio has gone out of radio contact, touring summery South America with Mrs. Antonio. The other half, this half, the one you're reading, has been at the North County HQ collecting data and beer belly and probably hep. The following is something of a trip slide show, one I can only hope reads close to the sort of slide show your uncle used to put on about his trip to Athens and the Grand Canyon, each meticulously noted chrome coming standard with flare bell bottoms, lambchops, brushy mustache, awkward nudes and thumbs up. At least that's how I remember them...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Mans Family Outting: No matter what Dustin Franks says, we were there. He just didn't recognize the right rubber dinosaur and Tonka truck combination. Fun thigh high waves, Pedro's hash brown tacos and Bud Lites. Family time.


Tip Top Breakfast Bonanza: Where Grandpa shows the boy how to make the fine surfy art while waiting for pancakes.






Stinky Swarmies: Dana makes fun of me. He hassles me about how I profess to like surfing alone while spending all my time at Old Mans and Swamis. But I like to go surfing early see... early. East Coast time has it's benefits, taking advantage of all these lazy Californians is pretty easy. So long as Jack doesn't take his sweet time getting here.



Cardiff, The Other Way: Tia and Uncle Dana get to wake up to this sight every day. Not so bad.


Sweaty Thursday: Carmel gifted me a new winter suit from her pals at Matuse, so we head down to the Law Offices to try on a couple. Stan, The Man from Gig Harbor, treats us right with the quality selections, and I slip into a brand new 654 Tumo. Honestly the most supple rubber I've felt in such a thick suit. Getting in and out was surprisingly easy, even after the sauna effect set in. Matuse John dropped by just to extol the virtues of limestone rubber and Slam Ball. I can't wait to make the thing work in the Atlantic. Well, I'll wait, sure. Don't need to get ahead of myself.






The Best Bumper Sticker Yet: "Drinking Won't Solve You're Problems, But Passing Out Will."

No comments: