Thursday, December 2, 2010


Reposting and linking to other people's thoughts can feel a little funny. Especially when the thoughts are intimately wrought by someone you don't know. But, as the Quality People at Quality Peoples have pointed out, this is something that should be read. Not for any petty voyeurism or simple curiosity, but because it reminds one of reality, of truth and of the deep feelings we all share. Were I to lose my son, my precious and beautiful only son, I don't know what I would do. The world would truly be torn asunder. Perhaps it is something human that we let our grief out and let others take some strange solace, some strange community, in its existence. Perhaps, in this way, our grief does not wallow, it does not fester, so much. Perhaps then our grief can illuminate and bring perspective to others, no matter how far-flung.
Here.

No comments: