Friday, November 30, 2012

On Being


The Godfather and I have had a running conversation about shame for a while.  Especially recently, in the last couple years, I've thought about owning my shame and being ok with the vulnerable bits that process would expose. There is a lot of clarity and a lot of power in being soft, in accepting the reality of the blow and redirecting the energy with insight.
There are few places I go where I know I'll find something that hits me just right.  On Being is one of those places that talks about things I already think about with people who sometimes think what I've thought or like to tackle topics I  hadn't thought about yet. At lunch today I went back to it for a little perspective and got this gem of a conversation.  It has so much pertinence for myself and so many people I know it is breathtaking.  I've never heard of Brené Brown, but apparently she's pretty popular. Click on the photo to listen.

2 comments:

Mr. Lentini said...

shame like the time you couldnt hammer a nail into a piece of wood, or shame like you listen to the dead? dooeeebooopbeeen boooo!

EditorialBoard said...

Or the shame that you couldn't get a nail into the same piece of wood and you have a man crush on Eddie Vedder? Jeremy's shpooookerrrrrrn!