Wednesday, May 8, 2013

And the DIY Revolution was Fed By Ones and Zeros

I turn to the right slightly. That's what generally happens. I edit with two screens, the left one being the more used, the right one being the more viewed. Click goes the render button, the little blue line rumbling past as I cock my head and attentions to yet one more well-crafted little digital film about someone doing something patently non-digital. Where would all these craftsypeople be without all this media hoopla we surround them with? Where would all these aspiring filmmakers be without the opportunity to make one more do-it-yourself hagiofilmica about something real, soulfultactile? And the beat of our interconnected drum gets more synthy with every passing hour.  But I am not complaining, just pointing out, see...


via Le Sabich

No comments: