Thursday, November 20, 2008

SB Tea Bowls


Fires singed the outskirts of Santa Barbara last week. Many people lost their homes and and the college I went to lost a few buildings. Apparently the fire was started no too far from where we used to skate up in the Montecito hills on an old property that had the most incredibly ridable bowls. This was in the early 90's. I only skated it a handful of times before the security got way too tight and the broken glass and dirt left by the caretakers got to be too much of a pain to clean out. Even over the Riviera hill-bombs and The Widge inspired Chapala ditch grinding, those tea sessions are by far the best skate memories available to me. Ian just forwarded me a link that had some great old footage of that place. Here is a string of choice bits with appropriate music. Positive thoughts go out to those who lost much in the fire.

4 comments:

christian said...

By the time I realized skateboarding could do wonders for my surfing, my wife slapped me in the back of the head and said, "Act your age."

Dammit!

Anonymous said...

well, for what it's worth, I've never been a very good skateboarder. Like most things I do for fun, that very reasoning is painfully obvious.

Anonymous said...

And sources tell me it was dumb ass City College kids and not dumb ass Westmont kids who started the fire.
Not that there is any huge difference in the actual populatory numbers in either (I'd rather say it might be skewed in the right wing direcction, but I'll refrain).
Just a clarifier for past pride's sake.

yanmaneee said...

moncler coat
yeezy 350
stephen curry shoes
golden goose mid star
golden goose sneakers
jordan 1 off white
golden goose
jordan shoes
russell westbrook shoes
hermes