Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Evolution of a Surf Mobile


So yeah, brakes fixed up, normal surf movement can happen freely again.  (Which usually means minimal surf movement, but let's not talk about that.)  One huge upside is that upon inspection of a non-working car horn (a functional horn being a must in NYC) our mechanic found the problem to be part-based and entirely too expensive to fix.  Up pops the the idea to reroute the system.  If you hear some excessive honking, look up and see me, you'll know why. I can barely keep my fingert off the thing, it so much fun to press....

2 comments:

Mr. Lentini said...

Rewind to 1994 and I was on a hunt for my first car..I had found a cherry early 80"s AMC Eagle 4x4 wagon..quintessential surf mobile (in my skewed brain) My dad came we went for a test drive I was practically jumping up and down with girl scout glee at the prospect of owning this insanely awesome wood paneled (albeit fake) wagon. Then my dad starts going down the used car check list..brakes work check lights work check directionals check mirrors check tires have tread check,no bad leaks check. horn what what did you say the horn on the wheel doesnt work..oh you rerouted it to a button under the dash..my father "yeah thats not gonna work, its gotta be on the wheel" bam dreams shattered..I begged I pleaded I may have said I was never talking to him again and ran into my room and listened to black flag..Three days later my dad redeemed himself and pulled into the driveway with a 1982 volvo 240 dl wagon..which I to this day call one of my favorite cars I ever owned (favorite was the 1964 dodge dart)

Toddy said...

Damn. On the flip side, I am saving this car for my son, particularly because it has a horn button on the dash. G-g-g-g-generation...