Saturday, November 9, 2013

Do Epic Shit

There's a sort of militant tone here, a fighting spirit that comes from the anger brought by mistreatment. I don't connect with that so much. Growing up a touch bullied myself, I've subsequently, and apparently, grown into a semi square-jawed heterosexual caucasian quasi alpha male. I think thoughts like, "free to be you and me" and "live and let live" and "straight, queer, whatever." But watching something like this is informative bordering important.  I don't subscribe to the anger as it comes to here, it would be disingenuous to do so and there's a line I'd rather not walk that gets into bias the other way. But I've never felt any more comfortable with the so-called "straight world order" as this guy, even with all the bonuses I've been gifted. Don't be square, whatever you do. Except when being square is the right thing to do.

No comments: